CodeSpark.ng® is a nonprofit dedicated to sparking interest and expanding participation in computer science by making it more accessible and available in schools and charities and increasing participation by girls.
CodeSpark.ng Privacy Principles
- We’re deeply committed to creating a safe and secure learning environment for our students and teachers. We take the protection of this information seriously.
- We do not require you to provide any Personal Information in order to try our courses, most of which are accessible without a User account. However, learning progress won’t be saved without creating an account.
- The only reason we collect any data from Students or Teachers is to better succeed in our mission of providing a great computer science education for every student in every school.
- We do not sell your Personal Information or exploit it for financial gain; we do not sell ads. We are a charitable nonprofit and our revenue comes from donations. We established ourselves as a nonprofit so our mission and your trust will not be in conflict with a for-profit motive.
- Any student academic data provided by us or by our school district partners to third-party evaluators for the purpose of evaluating our courses in meeting our mission will be de-identified (per standard industry practice).
- We strive to provide you with access to and control over the information you give us (as detailed below), and we take the protection of your information very seriously.
- When student Personal Information is provided to CodeSpark.ng by a school or school district, CodeSpark.ng agrees to retain such information as directed by the school or school district.
- We hold our partners to privacy and security practices no less stringent than our own.
We are committed to creating a safe and secure environment for learners of all ages on our websites located at https://codespark.ng, https://club.codespark.ng, and online services (collectively, our “Website”). Visitors and users of the Website and participants in our education programs are referred to individually as “User” and collectively as “Users”. Any User that creates a student account is referred to as “Student” even if they are using the CodeSpark.ng Website outside of a school setting. Similarly, any User that creates a teacher account is referred to as “Teacher.” As a not-for-profit, organization, we use the data we receive only insofar as it helps our mission of providing a great computer science education for every student in every school. We established ourselves as a not-for-profit organization so that a for-profit motive will not interfere with our mission of providing a trusted educational resource.
Collection and Use of Your Information
The sections below describe the ways CodeSpark.ng collects and uses the name, display name, email address, school name and address, telephone number, etc. from Users (“Personal Information”), persistent cookies or IP addresses (“Persistent Identifiers”), as well as some of the non-Personal Information and technical information (described below) we collect. We collectively refer to any of this data we collect from Students, along with any Student information, Student records, and Student-generated content as “Student Data.”
Information from Authentication Services like Facebook or Google
Information from Other Sources